First of all, please read the information in "Patient’s Guide" carefully. As it is critical for us to have your consent, make sure that you understand what you have read and that you consent to the information. Then move on to the following items below.
1. Before starting, please check with your primary doctor if you have any pre-existing conditions.
2. Please contact us using the CONSULTATION FORM and provide us with as much detailed information as possible to fill out the "Description of your condition, symptoms and consultation" section. Especially if the pre-existing condition is serious, give a thorough description of it.
3. Once you submit this CONSULTATION FORM, We will then request you for a copy of your recorded voice. With your voice data, a more precise diagnosis can be given and a feasibility decision can be made more appropriately made. Please note that we may contact you via e-mail/messenger and schedule an online consultation to ask you for additional details on your condition after receiving your voice data.
4. Scheduling Your Operation.
After the feasibility check gives the "go ahead" to your surgery, we will set up the schedule for your operation by arranging the necessary examination and scheduling a time in the operation room and a bed for you in our patient facilities. We will contact you to give you some schedule availabilities, so that we can discuss and decide on one of them.
Voice operations are routinely performed on Tuesdays and Thursdays. However, if your schedule doesn’t allow for these days of the week, please let us know.
5. Once the operation date has been assigned, you may plan out and make the reservation for your flight and accommodation. (for patients coming from outside of Manila)
6. An e-mail message will be sent to you with two attachments (below) which ask about your condition.
Please answer the questions, put the necessary signatures and dates on these documents, and send them back to us.
File name: ICF_Thyroplasty_js-rvsd.doc
7. Pre-operative Physical examination: ECG, chest X-ray, blood exam.
You should have a pre-operative body check with your GP. Please send us those data in an attached file. Or you can have a preoperative exam with us in our clinic in the morning previous to the day of surgery after which you will have a Pre-Operative Medical Clearance.
The drawback of having the examination here with us is that perhaps your medical condition will preclude your having the surgery, in which case you will have laid out already a lot of travel expenses to no avail.
It will be necessary to stop medication for 2 weeks before surgery and a few days after surgery in the case of your taking an anticoagulant with your doctor’s permission.
8. If we make the decision that you can undergo the surgery, a consent form will be sent to you for your signature.
9. Flight to Manila (Ninoy Aquino International Airport) for patients coming from outside of Manila
We recommend that if you are having a long domestic/international flight that you arrive and check into our clinic one day before the surgery.
Please check the items in "Admission Procedure and What You Should Bring" to prepare for the travel.
You can be sent your voice status using the inquiry form. First, please answer the questions from the doctor.